Monday, March 17, 2008

wind ow


wind    ow

We had a fire drill where I worked and as we all gathered in this little outdoor area
I was up close to a woman I hadn't met before. I introduced myself and she told me
where she worked in the building. I noticed when she was gesturing that she had this
great scar on her arm. I had my camera with me and asked her if I could take some
photos of her eyes and her scar for a collage. She was very excited about the idea,
much more so than most people and graciously allowed me to do so. I am sure any
number of people around me were wondering what the heck we were doing.

She later saw the collage and loved it, purchasing 2 prints to have framed and given
to her family. She had grown up hating the scar but in recent years had come to see
it as a good part of her body and life. The collage was a sort of confirmation of
that she thought.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP