Thursday, December 11, 2008

Homesick


She was sitting across from me as I was holding down the fort waiting for our daughter while my unwife went browsing the little stores on 4th Avenue in Tucson. Turns out she was acquaintances with my daughter. I told her we were hoping her friends would watch out for her since we didn't live in Tucson and she said she would, but was leaving to move back home to Oregon in three weeks.

Homesick

She had moved to Tucson to become independent and discover new things, just develop on her own, which she had done for 6 months. But she was homesick for family and felt that the lack of structure to her life in Tucson, without the familiar obligations and connections was very hard. Her Uncle was in the hospital and she felt bad not being able to visit him.

She is a good and strong young woman, I think she will have a great life.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP