Wednesday, October 22, 2008

All is Right With the World


photo-collage, Waco, TX, October, 2008

I was feeling antsy on Sunday morning of our parent's weekend at Baylor University. I hadn't run that weekend, the walking I had done was the slow type that is bad on my back, there had been a bit too much shopping and I had grown bored. Sunday morning I finally just took a photo walkabout on my own from the motel towards Baylor not sure of what I would find.

What I found was the Armstrong Browning Library, a repository of material from the archives of Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning, the poets.

The Bronze Poet ~ All's Right With The World

The sculpture out front and the surrounding flora and fauna gave me an opportunity to get lost in the visual world, looking at details that I new would combine to give some meaning. What meaning I did not know, but I knew it was there, nonetheless.

I actually don't know if this is a sculpture of Elizabeth, but I think it is. I do know I climbed up on it so I could get images looking down on her face instead of up. Iiked knowing that cars driving by and people walking by were looking at me holding her hands and hair and shoulders while I leaned far enough away to get a shot or two.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP