Thursday, September 04, 2008

A Snake in the Eulipian Grass


Another in a short series I did using co-workers at the restaurant, Eulipia, where I
worked back in the 80s and 90s in San Jose, Ca. This one was a result of a photo
shoot with a few people who had freckles. I was in the middle of doing a series of
pointillist photo-collages where I glued photos of freckles on top of full-color
reproductions of pointillist paintings I had in a big art book.

snake in the eulipian grass

This collage came about after I saw the possibility of making the negative background
space of the sky in the prior collage into a solid positive part of the image. In
this case the grass no longer just acts as grass but now has a shape and symbolism
that makes it into a real/not real object.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP