Friday, March 07, 2008

We Saw Beautiful - Colorado Post Card #7

Postcard #7 - Colorado Road Trip

Another in my postcard series, #7 from our Colorado road trip in the summer of 2007. There was a great trail close to the home where we were staying and I took a hike on my own just for the purposes of photography. When I do something like that I often am not looking for a single shot (though I find those of course) but I am looking for pieces, for moments, etc. that will be part of the raw material for a collage. So in that case I am not worrying always about composition or lighting or a complete image. I am finding the essence of a place or a person and recording it.

In this case the trees had the knots in the shapes of eyes everywhere I turned, flowers were abundant and the creeks had the most amazing light playing on them. The final connection came for me when I saw this woman and her wonderful dog running on the path. The dog was protective and turned to scrutinize me, making sure I wasn't a threat. The eyes of the dog were compelling and I loved the juxtaposition between the tree eyes and the real eyes.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP